Bosnia and Herzegovina
WB EDIF first began providing financing to Bosnia & Herzegovina via its Guarantee Facility instrument, which was deployed via Procredit Bank.
The Fund Managers of ENIF and ENEF have also been actively sourcing pipeline in the country whereby ENEF, the expansion stage fund, has made two investments, the first in Krajina Klas, a bakery specialized in the production and retail of fresh and frozen bakery products, and in the European Voluntary Pension Fund Management Company.
On the Support Services side:
- The EBRD’s Advice for Small Businesses (ASB) has provided advisory support to 48 projects in total, in order to help SMEs to develop and grow, enhance competitiveness and bankability,
- Led by the OECD, the Small Business Act (SBA) assessment supported Bosnia & Herzegovina in improving SME policy making and enhancing the capacity of its policy makers in addressing related challenges,
- A candidate for Centre of Excellence status under EIB’s study on Regional Centres of Excellence was identified in the Sarajevo Innovation House initiative, a cooperation of University of Sarajevo, Chamber of Economy and Networks accelerator,
- An IP Toolkit was distributed to participants of the Workshop held in Mostar under the programme lead by EIB for support on intangible assets and intellectual property in the Western Balkans
- Under the World Bank’s EU-REPARIS programme, activities were organized on a regional basis with regular participation of the various stakeholders of Bosnia & Herzegovina.
provided in financing to SMEs